I can do this myself and save myself plenty of money.
Ok if you set your payroll person as the person who is going to do this are they;
- A pensions expert
- an Auto-enrolment expert
- Free for 103 days to set this up see here
- Know the staging date
- Know where to begin
- Understand the key project phased
- Have project management skills
- Know how to interpret legislation and the implications
- Know if you have a scheme
- whether that scheme qualifies
- How to speak pensions language
- How to find a pensions provider that we take on your project
- Know what they must say to employees
- Or more importantly know what they shouldn’t say
- Know how to avoid coercion
- communicate objectively
- know how to present to staff
- know how to enrol
- Know when to enrol them?
- Know what to tell workers about opting out?
- Know what not to tell workers about opting out?
- Know when to re-enrol opt out
- Know where and how to register with the regulator
- Know what to register
- Know what records are required
- Know how long they’re required for
- Know how to deal with the regulator?
If you want to sort this out yourself then these are the hurdles you are going to face. Setting it up via an adviser will allow you to get on with what you are good at, running your business and make sure you dont pay over the odds for getting it wrong.
As a firm we aim to save costs in the long-run so we can show you ways that we can reduce your current costs to help outweigh much of the cost of setting up this new company scheme.